Tuesday 11 December 2012

Welcome To "On The Convict Trail"

Welcome to my new blog! Since moving to Tasmania in August 2012, I have been able to indulge my passion for Australian convict & colonial history as well as more modern history. Armed with my trusty Sony DSLR - A390 digital camera, I have begun to travel around Tasmania checking out and photographing some of the more well known historical sites but also having the pleasure of finding for myself, some lesser known places that are off the beaten track but are no less historically important..
This is our history, Australian History!!!

I will be adding things on a regular basis with photographs, notes and weblinks for the sites (if available) so you can check them out for yourself. Photos of the sites and surrounding scenic views, original colonial buildings etc will all be included. I hope you enjoy the photographs. I also hope you enjoy this journey with me and visit the blog on a regular basis to see what wonderful Australian history is on show here in beautiful Tasmania! Please feel free to leave comments (be nice!!!) on the posts.
Cheers Joff