Sir John George Davies (1846-1913) purchased the property at public auction in March 1878 and in the early 1880s he had ornate facades in the Victorian Boom style added, although the original Old Colonial façade can still be seen behind the newer verandas.
Main Text & Information Sources
Australian Heritage Database (Including top photograph)
"The Story Of New Town, Street By Street" - Donald Howatson 2011
Australian Dictionary Of Biography - Sir Alfred Stephen
Australian Dictionary of Biography - Sir John George Davies