The old Bothwell State School operated from 1887 until 1965. For most of its life it was operated as a two teacher school. At the official opening of the school, two trees were planted, an oak & a lime. Probably the two trees that currently are situated near the road are those original trees.
The building has always been a single storey building with alterations and timber additions being made as needed.
It now houses the Australian Golf Museum and serves as the local tourist information centre.